View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 07:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Felix 808
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 PW/Grey T/S 7AT
Felix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
It is absolutely is a 1 hr job with the same dipstick usage as the G37 forum guy. The best fitting one uses the ring type pull with lock instead of the "nut" top, has the correct bottom flange, doesn't have the extra hose to delete and cap, doesn't have to be bent and puts the stick between the engine and OE strut tower brace; not buried against the firewall, like the pictures above.

I removed the OE cat brace, cut the bottom dipstick tube bracket where it interferes with the OE wire harness bolting spot, bought the bolt that goes in the available hole on the back of the head thereby bolting the tube there using the tube tab and done. One cut and zero bending.

I wear size XL gloves and can quick access check without issue. Maybe another plus to using the tube that the G37 forum guy did.
Well that's what I get for trying to be cheap . Who knows what dipstick I have (see Ebay) but it works for me now

Glad it went smooth for you . Do you have any pics you could share?

Μολὼν λαβέ
Felix 808 is offline   Reply With Quote