View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cyber370
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo 6MT
Cyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
I recently not too long ago purchased a left over 2018 Nissan Maxima for my daily driver to keep a lot of the unwanted miles off my Z it was definitely worth it and is a very reliable daily driver plus it has plenty of power on tap as well. In my experience I had great luck with the Nissan Sentra,Altima,and Maxima I have had they are reliable/dependable vehicles to own as long as you do all of your general maintenance on time. I never had an issue with the CVT transmission they will last as long as you change your transmission fluid unlike some people here. Try to stretch your budget a little to the 5K range at least and if you search you should be able to find a reliable daily driver vehicle for yourself. I recommend the Nissan Sentra because mine had over 250K+ miles on it when it was sold and it still ran great. Toyota/Lexus/Scion reliability is hard to beat but I believe Nissan/Infiniti makes reliable/dependable vehicles too. The Toyota Corolla and Toyota Camry are wonderful vehicles to own if you can afford one. I wish you the best of luck with your car shopping. Even though I recommend Nissan/Infiniti I do believe that Honda/Acura,Subaru,and Toyota/Lexus/Scion are excellent vehicles also. What vehicles do you prefer to own what do you like?
I have a 2017 Maxima as my daily and it’s one of the best and most reliable cars I’ve ever had. Problems with Nissan CVT’s are exaggerated and usually caused by breakdown of the tranny fluid and/or excessive towing. CVT’s will last as long or longer than conventional trannies as long as the fluid is changed regularly.