Thread: 2019 Audi TT RS
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 06:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2019 Audi TT RS

Well it happened a lot more quickly than I expected, but my broker was able to get a decent deal, which was more than I was expecting for a car like this. They even gave me some good money for the Z considering some of its issues. I will definitely miss her and am not to afraid to admit I shed a few tears on my last drive.

On a side note, they initially gave me the wrong car. It was identically spec'ed, with the exception that it had the RS Fixed Suspension. After a day with it I have to say that mag ride suspension is the right choice for me, but the fixed would be great for the track. I am glad that this mistake happened.

With only 150 miles on it, and observing the engine break-in instructions I really can't give a review on how it drives when you push it, but I can give you some initial impressions/thoughts.

The car is very small on the outside, but surprisingly roomy for me on the inside.

Visibility compared to the Z is almost shocking at first, as I was doublechecking blind spots due to the disbelief that they were almost non-existent.

Driving it conservatively it feels a lot like a quick turbo GTI or some type of hot-hatch, but it seems to be quicker than my Z still.

The interior and exterior are exactly what I wanted, and after two days I feel I have figured out most of the infotainment and general controls of the car.

It is just so enjoyable to actually be able to listen to music while I drive (my Z was the worst when it came to road noise).

Just trying it out a bit, the manual mode seems like it will be a lot of fun.

The passenger side seat heater control popped out while I accelerated slightly aggressively to merge.

Reaching the speed limit is instantaneous especially since you just can press on the gas pedal while turning.

The dealer managed to break two of the cargo covers, which indicates a poor design on that part for me.

I can adjust the seat and steering wheel to the perfect position, which I never felt I could do in the Z.

I actually like the wheel aesthetics, but I would prefer them to be all black, BUT I really hate the 20 inch wheels in both how they look on this particular car and how they feel. Everyone is up for more feedback from the road, but even in the moderate drive mode you can feel every pebble, every crack and every coil of the shocks when things are compressed (and you can actually feel which side). I don't like that at all, even though some of it is due to it being an AWD. So considering that, and there is only one choice in winter tires (expensive Pirellis, no thanks) I ordered some budget 19-inch HREs and some Michelin Alpin 4s to get them here quick for the winter. That will let me evaluate how 19s look and feel on it, and either sell or paint the OEMs.

There are things I will definitely be missing about the Z. The best way I can put it is the Z is like driving a smooth powerboat where the TT feels like I am riding in a mining rail car...a REALLY fast and luxurious rail car. But to be fair, I haven't even put the TT in Dynamic mode, or reved it past 2/3 the redline.

Stay tuned!

BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote