View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 01:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix 808 View Post

Lessons learned:
You really have to want to do this if you do this. It is not a 1 hr deal. My experience was having to cut tabs fit, roll out, cut more tabs, roll out disconnected a wire harness mount test fit again. Custom bend tube. Test fit
Re-bend tube test fit & Voila. YMMV

This is also not a quick access check, unless you have little girl hands (I do not) so I used a pair of pliers to pull dipstick out & tap closed. It beats doing it from under the car. Be sure to re-score the dipstick to the new check level.
It is absolutely is a 1 hr job with the same dipstick usage as the G37 forum guy. The best fitting one uses the ring type pull with lock instead of the "nut" top, has the correct bottom flange, doesn't have the extra hose to delete and cap, doesn't have to be bent and puts the stick between the engine and OE strut tower brace; not buried against the firewall, like the pictures above.

I removed the OE cat brace, cut the bottom dipstick tube bracket where it interferes with the OE wire harness bolting spot, bought the bolt that goes in the available hole on the back of the head thereby bolting the tube there using the tube tab and done. One cut and zero bending.

I wear size XL gloves and can quick access check without issue. Maybe another plus to using the tube that the G37 forum guy did.

Last edited by Tractionless; 12-24-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Tractionless is offline   Reply With Quote