Thread: Durability
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceZ View Post
Hello all. I've been searching through the foum here pretty heavily lately. Great site, lots of good info. I'm in the market for a New Car by the end of March. I'm a car enthusiast/geek (if you understand, or you don't ) and after looking at a lot of factors; I decided the 370Z would be the perfect car for me.

Everyone here knows all the good things about your cars; and I wasn't surprise to read about the positive experiences posted in this forum. But what I found a little surprising; and maybe a little concerning is the number of issues... they seem to range from small to larger in severity.

Anyways, my urge to get the Z has not really faulterd because of reading the issues some of you are experiencing; but it does make me question the long term durability of the car.

Do you current owners feel like the problems noted are in the range for a new car? My only new car was a 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan and had no issues, (Not comparing the cars of course! lol just that they were new). Maybe if anything; the issues that aren't known Z quirks are the result of the first year of a model overhaul... not sure.

What do you all think?
The problems mostly are minor. My car's perfect, as are so many others' who have no reason to post here "gripewise.". The 2010 is a second year model and many of the first year issues are either eliminated or fixes have been worked out for them at the dealerships. Big picture to me is its a great car, for a fair price, with the pedigree of a solid, established Japanese company known for good cars. I'm very comfortable with my purchase and confident in my car. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote