View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 07:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
Senna-F1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370SC,EliseSC,MR2T
Senna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
We all know the struggle to squeeze boost out of these setups if you want a properly filtered setup. Yet we all see 10 to 11 psi on ours with the K&N filter with a pulley that pulls 2psi more than this car above with just an 8psi pulley.

Anyone have an idea how this phenomenon is occurring here only?
So my original setup with filter made 12.76 psi with one map sensor and .86 bar on my 2nd map sensor. Essentially the same. I had mentioned this to you in another thread and asked about your thoughts on it. Eugene said it might be the cam timing. But in working with the filter later, I realized the small K&N has a larger flange opening than the SC and so comes with a silicone piece to fill the gap. At the time I thought maybe the installer did that, so I left it off and put the small filter on again. For maybe other reasons, like the filter had become a bit crushed, I was making now only 10 psi. Is it possible that gap piece wasn’t completely closed at the end and let more air in than normal? And if so, is it possible others are doing similar, and not getting a really tight seal at the filter? Just my thoughts. This may be complete non-sense as I had a coolant leak and so had to remove all the piping and put it back. I had some slight boost leaks after all that which may have contributed to the only 10 psi after.

Last edited by Senna-F1; 12-21-2019 at 07:09 AM.
Senna-F1 is offline   Reply With Quote