View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Dentt42
Base Member

Drives: 2012 G37 black 6spd
Dentt42 is on a distinguished road

With a decent turnaround time, I got a great answer from SuperPro. I'm confident I'm going to use their stuff now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett @ SuperPro
Thank you for choosing our bushings for your 370Z.

The short answer is that the SPF3886K is meant to be offset from center. This allows the bushings to be oriented in their housings to add positive caster to the vehicle. The additional positive caster will improve on-center feel, weight up the steering some and provide dynamic camber gain with steering angle.

All of these benefits are present whether the car is driven entirely on the street or if it seems more spirited driving, track days, etc.

The only downside is that more attention must be paid during installation to orientate the two bushing assemblies correctly during installation as noted in the instructions.
https://superpro.com.au/find/superpr.../cid-999501122
EDIT: Clarication in teh SP tech's second email:

Quote:
Typically where we offer an offset (normally called a double offset in our terminology) kit – we also offer a standard alignment/geometry kit.

Having a look at our notes we only offer the additional positive caster/offset kit for the 370Z: (SPF3886K).

It is the better performance option when we offer both varieties of a given kit and most times the more popular option. In this case I’m not certain why we don’t offer a standard/non-offset version.

The catalog is correct – I didn’t pay close enough attention answering your last e-mail. The SPF3885K is not the standard version of the SPF3886K – it is the smaller bushing assembly for the forward location on the front lower control arm.

Last edited by Dentt42; 12-20-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Dentt42 is offline   Reply With Quote