Thread: Project Z
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 10:14 AM   #963 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Final update hopefully on the issue. Dropped the car off Wednesday morning and went to pick it up late yesterday. When he called to tell me it was ready he said nothing was wrong and it was put back together exactly how Nissan shows it. That had me bothered because if it went back together the same way again, the problem would still be there.

So I picked it up drove it....same problem. The shop wanted me to come back Monday and look at it with them. So I called Z1 again and had them explain to me in detail what to do (luckily very simple just as mentioned before). I used a couple of their tools and fixed it in the parking lot before I left. Nothing had to be rotated or reassembled, the shop really did have everything together properly. I literally had to slide a metal plate like an 1/8” or less to the left.

I think they were just super nervous to be working on the car and wanted everything to be exactly as it was. To the point they were not understanding what I was trying to explain. Emphasizing that the parts on the car are not replaceable and the care I give it had them shook up lol

Little headache on both ends but now she is back to perfect. Now I can’t wait to get this clutch broke in and finally feel all the power that has been lurking behind a slipping clutch. Unfortunately as little as I drive it that could take a year! I’m going to try and force myself to take it everywhere though.