View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 08:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
SchumiF399
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z
SchumiF399 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
If they don't know how to fill the transmission, there is at least one thread on this site that tells how to do it without any special equipment from Nissan. There is a procedure in the FSM but it requires CONSULT (or some other way to get trans temp).
I did find a few threads on here on how to do it but didn't trust myself to actually perform it. That is partly the reason why I had a shop do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Do they know the proper refill procedure? Simply adding cold fluid to a hot or cold trans isn't always going to do the trick. The fluid need to be at the correct temperature when determining fill level. I can almost guarantee you that was the problem when they did it the first time.
The shop is regarded as one of the best (Z shops) here in Southern California. The reviews online were mainly positive. But I am disappointed that they botched this job. Not gonna lie. They installed a Quaife diff on my car last year and haven't had problems with it, so I'm a little undecided on what to do for future service(s).
SchumiF399 is offline   Reply With Quote