View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help: Transmission symptom after new clutch install.

So after many years I finally found a shop I trusted to install my clutch and heavy duty csc in the car. As expected something is/went wrong. Im so sick to my stomach right now because the car is going to have to be messed with again.

Anyway when going from 4th to 5th gear you are now able to go so far to the right that 5th gets lost, and it almost always wants to go into 3rd gear once you go by that point. With rev match on you can only imagine how that sounds. I rarely drive the car (less than 1k miles a year) but I swear it used to only go by 5th/6th if you pressed down to get it into reverse. All the gears can be found and work but it is very annoying and not working correctly.

The next thing is the clutch pedal. It has zero rebound when sitting idle but I notice while accelerating there seems to be some kind of pressure that pushes it back up. Something just seems wrong with that as well.

I need to know what to tell the shop is wrong. I tried googling the symptoms but with no luck. I just want (fingers crossed) them to get it working correctly. They do not have much experience with this style transmission.