View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
SchumiF399
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z
SchumiF399 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
If I wash my Z and leave sit overnight. My Carbo's will stick to my RacingBrake rotors. Nothing serious. They will break away easy. And there is an outline of the pads on the rotors. Around the block one time and it's gone.

OP, has this happened before?
Yes, the pad sticking to the rotor issue I found out about when I bought the Akebonos to upgrade my stock calipers. They are coupled with the Z1 2-piece rotors.

The issue with the car not rolling after the hard stop is something I can't know for sure, as I just noticed it yesterday. When I bed in the brakes after the initial install I never came to a complete stop.

Yesterday is the first time I decided to stop as my phone had fallen out my shorts. That's when the car wouldn't roll forward. I was able to trigger the symptom at least 3 times.

I don't want to sound like I'm blaming the trans fluid change but like I said before the car revved freely for about a second or two then got going. It didn't feel like the time the pad got stuck to the rotor. I'm going to try it again tomorrow night when I get back from the gym to see if it acts up again.
SchumiF399 is offline   Reply With Quote