View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 06:35 AM   #6370 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy View Post
For what it's worth, when they built my barn they used a cement block that the 6x6 post sat on and then filled the hole with pea stone. And, when the barn was complete that's when they laid the concrete.
I’m gonna look at these things called biscuits
Either 10 or 12” diameter round cement blocks- designed to sit in bottom of hole
I’ll then attach the post between the dual 2x12’s that’s banded around outside & inside of the bottom...with a few screws to hold in place.
Then I’ll mix up some Quickrete & pour down around the 48” hole.
Planning to do 4-5 per day, to prevent any disruption of the current foundation. After all post all hardened up; I’ll be able to easily raise up box more & completely level the rooftop,,,place concrete blocks underneath the post that holds the upper beams...then I’ll bolt the 6x’s that are sandwiched between the 2x12’s together
48” deep post will be 24” on center (plenty) and afterwards,I’ll bring in the crush & run...and wacketpacket it
I’ll then make a form (min 6” thick w/rebar) and put down concrete.....then I can lower the box back down onto the slab after everything dries
Buried post will be bolted & provide majority of holding strength & also will be in code for my region
A bit of work involved,,,but it’s OK, as the front post will end up 5’ or more deep

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html