View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 12:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jinxx
Track Member

Drives: 2017 nismo 370z
Jinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James10694 View Post
Don't beat yourself up too much. I did the same thing last winter. I'm not entirely sure I hydrolocked mine. The engine choked out and I wasn't able to start the car. So I bought a built motor and had it swapped in. However, when my shop took everything apart, the intake pipes were completely filled with water and the intercooler was soaked. This was after 2 weeks of the car sitting in the garage with 0% humidity. Theres a chance I didnt damage the engine and it might have been unable to crank over because of all the remaining water in the pipes. I ended up taking the intake manifold off and really couldn't see any water in the engine. Obviously I really wouldn't have known without taking the block apart but I already assumed I bent a rod or something.

Anyways maybe if you drop some of the intake pipes you can see how much water is in them. I think there might be a chance you're engine might still be good. I never got the chance to find out if mine was still good because I already bought a built motor.

I guess most people just arent driving there Zs in the rain with the BP kit. This relocation kit is great in the fact you have better access to your filter but I really dont think it will help with people who DD their Zs and drive them in the rain. Honestly I think it will probably make it worse. The filter is now even lower than before.
From the sound and the sudden halt of the engine ...it didn’t sound good ...and then I would be concerned with any war page and/or the sudden cold water making rods and pistons brittle ....and normally I’m more cautious about driving through water but the sudden downpour really flooded the roads faster than usual and I was in too deep to get out ...and as far as the filter upgrade ...I would want it for easy filter maintenance ...not much option for higher location ....I did see royalty performance in Atlanta make a route for the GTM supercharger kit that went up the side and place the filter in the battery box ...and relocated the battery ...seemed restrictive for the supercharger maybe not so much for a turbo but idk ...looked kinda janky to me though...I’ll find out this week on what I’m gonna do
Jinxx is offline   Reply With Quote