View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #4669 (permalink)
280driver
Base Member

Drives: 1975 280Z
280driver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
This thread started March of 15. Been a lot written about the new Z35. None of it has been true. Just a bunch of wishing on a star. He's just another one in a long line of people saying it's coming next auto show. And it never does. Guys are tired of it. You going to say something now. You better be able to back it up. Like the test mule. That was a short lived story on the net. Lasted something like a week if that. If it was true. We would still be talking about. That story was only to gain viewers for those websites. I've got nothing against chubbs personally. Just when he says something. Back it up. That's all. None of this a friends cousin's wife's, uncle's, grandfather's, brother, nephew told me stuff.

We have a chubbs on the Power Wagon forum too.
I understand the frustration. I think it’s likely that what Chubbs and others have reported here over the years is or was true at the time. Think back to the episode of “Leno’s Garage” when Jay was speaking to the people that where working on the next Z. That was not a lie or a planned deception. The issue is that Nissan has been in turmoil. I’d bet their plans for the next Z have stopped/started and changed a few times over the last 5 years and that has delayed launch of a Z35. So what people have posted could have been true at that point. No reason to call people liars. The fact no one is talking about the test mule from a few weeks ago doesn’t mean it wasn’t legit. It just means people aren’t talking about it. If you don’t believe it, fine. No reason to make things personal. We are all here because we love Z’s and hope Nissan continues the line with something great.
280driver is offline   Reply With Quote