View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 05:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
After seeing the Ford Explorers flipping over at alarming rates due to faulty Firestone tires I honestly don’t know why you all would want to give Firestone your business and run Firestone tires on your Z?? To each their own. I recently installed four new Yokohama Advan A052’s. Superior dry traction and do well in wet conditions. Overall I had good luck with Yokohama’s over the years. The Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are good choices in 325/30/19.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sx moneypit View Post
That Firestone sh*t was over 20 years ago man.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. That being said, I am actually in the middle on this.

Yes, Firestone tires did have a issue with their tires, but was many many years ago. Hopefully by now, they have corrected.

At the same time though, did they really correct? Yes, they were hit with lawsuits/fines/etc., but they are a business to make money (i.e. corporate greed). It's human nature to be really cautious when something catastrophic like the Firestone incident took place, despite how long ago.

Me personally, no, I will not purchase Firestone tires. Nor will I ever buy a Ford.