Thread: Stillen CAI
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 10:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
dave11
Base Member

Drives: 2020 370Z 6M
dave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond reputedave11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
The different between wut??

If you are asking about the difference between dry filters and oiled filters, that is completely unrelated to the intake design or brand. A quick google search will provide you with all the answers you'll ever need. Basically, oiled filter performance can be affected by too much or too little oil, although with the proper amount they tend to filter smaller particles better. Dry filters are much easier maintenance, and some high quality ones perform nearly as good as an oiled filter. I use R2C filters whenever possible
I understand the difference between dry and oil filters. Stillen uses K&N filters in both Gen 2 systems. I am specifically interested in owner regrets, complaints, or other observations. Would they buy it again, would they get another brand, are they happy with it, does it change fuel mileage, etc.

You mentioned R2C filters but didn't say why you liked them. You said the dry filters are easier to maintain, and I am all for that. I would also like to know the difference in sound while under easy and hard acceleration and at a steady cruise.
dave11 is offline   Reply With Quote