View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Leadfooted
Base Member

Drives: 14' nismo gm 6mt
Leadfooted is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
So many questions to ask? Who or what made you go with a BC stroker kit, and the piston combo? Like spooler said you"re going to have to spend more money on that kit to get the proper tolerances spec'd out for everything to work in harmony. PICK YOUR SHOP WISELY!!!.

- Far as raising you rev limiter up is pointless if you're looking to gain more power, only one person I've seen as made power past 8K he ran Jun cams, a dry sump and at the time bunch of 1 off parts. There is one person, Rabbit Hole Motorsports who is building a high rev VVel with upgraded goodies on the intake side. So he will be his own guinea to see if that solves the valve float and unwanted harmonics with revving and sustaining 8,000+ rpms. I would of talked to either Mamotorsports and JWT (I"m sure you have heard of Valkyrie's 370z) about your build before pulling that trigger. They probably would have pointed you in the direction of at least a bryant racing billet crankshaft probably one of the best custom crankshaft made. I was going down this route 5 years ago, but wanted more power. Also you probably could of had a custom ground exhaust cam specifically made for your motor and needs.

Info you're looking for is out there, you just have to be annoying about getting that info. If you're going this far into building the motor you really might want to consider a standalone of some type, Vit tuned makes a Pnp for a motec 150, Mamotorsports has both motec and emtron kv12 tuners, don't know much about dynosty haltech 2500.

If you're stricly using it for the track and only running race gas bump the compression even higher, with a great tuner and a standalone you could still run pump gas with octane booster without it blowing up. Kels made 600HP (500whp+) on pump with octane booster.

Pm BGTV8 He is building a VVel ITB DWB. He will answer any questions you have to a far better degree than i can. Hope this helps, good luck on your adventure.

I apologize for not going into much detail, but with these type of threads about build the case is like the old saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" Plus its late dam it
Thanks for the info. I would of thought that most of the issues would of been worked out with it being a kit. Yeah it's all going to machine shop to be looked at prepped machine work done and block to be assembled. I talked to friend that builds motors about some of this stuff and we came up with what I've put together. From what I gathered with the shops i talked to if they're not getting to build it they dont really care to help with info. I should of came here and made a post for info. But looking thru a lot of the posts I've found it just gets the same spend tons of money custom one of pieces or go fi.
Leadfooted is offline   Reply With Quote