View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #69 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Not for nothing but alot of people miss the point of what Adam is doing. This whole debacle is about views. You can't discount the enthusiast element , but the priority is the business of views. And just the fact that the video is pasted here is evidence that it's successful.
He gains from the views on his channel but by proxy we benefit from the process.
In the last video what stands out if you pay attention, is the fact that he hooked a 1.5 60ft on 18" radials.
I recall Phunk saying at one point that though it might not be impossible it would be impressive. Well it happened and even though he didn't finish the run we can make this the new normal. Had he finished that run I have zero doubt that would've been a solid 10 second run. He did that with less power and torque than a few of us boosted cars here that are alot closer to being done right. The difference is we're standing around with our hands in our pockets outside the relatively few people who are out actively doing it. Given what he's done and the fact that Phunk basically spoon fed us all the blueprint, there is no valid reason anyone should question if a properly boosted 370z is capable of a 10 second pass and a focused boosted build in the 9s.
Just like we evolved from 5XXwhp being the pinacle for stock block , this is the next evolution.
So, Adam will make his vids and move on to his next build without thinking about 370z in a few weeks. But we will stop making excuses and make adjustments. Well some may not but I will. I'll get my 10 second quarter and my 170+ half then round it out with a solid track experience.

Just thinking out loud on the laptop..... if it doesn't make sense it's the coffee.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote