View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfooted View Post
Ok first off if all you got to say is for the price you should go forced induction keep scrolling please true or not it's not what I'm going for. So I've been searching for good answers in the efforts others have made in doing this and theres not much info out there I've seen sadly. I've ordered Jwt c2 cams and the Brian Crower stroker kit with 13.1 pistons bored 20 over. Upgraded oil pump from sucker punch and Cjms baffled oil pan with many other replacement and small upgrades on top of just about anything else most go for "fbo" with flex fuel that's already on the car.
Now to what the post is for.... looking to raise the rev limit and wondering who all has tried and what are the remaining weak points in doing so. floating valves? Lifter issues? With no good options really for replacing intake cams or valves or springs due to vvel is that the next issue/weak point? Or am I missing something completely? Would love to hear from you guys that have some experience with building a vhr and those pushing it on the track cause that's what she's being built for and where she spent alot of the last 3 years besides up on a lift lol. Thx
So many questions to ask? Who or what made you go with a BC stroker kit, and the piston combo? Like spooler said you"re going to have to spend more money on that kit to get the proper tolerances spec'd out for everything to work in harmony. PICK YOUR SHOP WISELY!!!.

- Far as raising you rev limiter up is pointless if you're looking to gain more power, only one person I've seen as made power past 8K he ran Jun cams, a dry sump and at the time bunch of 1 off parts. There is one person, Rabbit Hole Motorsports who is building a high rev VVel with upgraded goodies on the intake side. So he will be his own guinea to see if that solves the valve float and unwanted harmonics with revving and sustaining 8,000+ rpms. I would of talked to either Mamotorsports and JWT (I"m sure you have heard of Valkyrie's 370z) about your build before pulling that trigger. They probably would have pointed you in the direction of at least a bryant racing billet crankshaft probably one of the best custom crankshaft made. I was going down this route 5 years ago, but wanted more power. Also you probably could of had a custom ground exhaust cam specifically made for your motor and needs.

Info you're looking for is out there, you just have to be annoying about getting that info. If you're going this far into building the motor you really might want to consider a standalone of some type, Vit tuned makes a Pnp for a motec 150, Mamotorsports has both motec and emtron kv12 tuners, don't know much about dynosty haltech 2500.

If you're stricly using it for the track and only running race gas bump the compression even higher, with a great tuner and a standalone you could still run pump gas with octane booster without it blowing up. Kels made 600HP (500whp+) on pump with octane booster.

Pm BGTV8 He is building a VVel ITB DWB. He will answer any questions you have to a far better degree than i can. Hope this helps, good luck on your adventure.

I apologize for not going into much detail, but with these type of threads about build the case is like the old saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" Plus its late dam it
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote