View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #279 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Deciding to take a step into the world of puree's. First round was a total failure, but picked up some good notes for next time. Attempted to make a puree like consistency mashed potato. Normally, you'd use a food processor blender to achieve a puree. But the blades in those would cut into the starch of the potato to much and make it into a gelatinous mush instead of a fine syrup like consistency. Anyways, I ended up going with a ricer and then using a fine mesh sieve to reduce the consistency even more. Issues found were:

Need to work even quicker otherwise things get cold
Needs at least 2 sticks butter for every 1 pound potatos
Switch from 2% milk to a minimum of half and half
Needs a french seasoning salt while mixing

The end result was a decent first attempt, but failure in what I was aiming for. They're "good" mashed potatoes in the sense that they'd beat your everyday weekly dinner mashed without an issue. But they're still to granular for a texture. The consistency was to thick still. And I lost a lot of the potato-y aftertaste upon using a sieve. May try a waxy potato next time.

Anyway, here's a crappy shot of the result. They are more yellow than the photo displays. Oneplus 7 Pro camera blows....