View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
tvfreakazoid
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Audi S5; 6spd.
tvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radensb View Post
This place confirmed that they could program this car's fobs and I'm sure they can because they were successful reprogramming my original key. They just could not get it to work with the new one.
Edit: FYI: When you get a replacement programmed, they need all the keys you have because they reprogram all of them with new codes. They don't program the new key to match the existing key(s).

A bit more info: My car was bought used back in 2013. It's a 2009 with a build date of 01/09. The key I got with it had the Nissan logo, not the "Z" logo. I thought all 2009 Z's had the Z logo on the key and that changed in 2010+. Can anyone comment on that? Could it be that the key I got (with the Nissan logo) is also not original and I may be dealing with some kind of mismatch scenario between the PCB in the fob and the FCC ID marking on the shell?
Where did u take it to get the key reprogrammed?
So when u get a second key or buy another key to get it reprogrammed, you have to get the original 1 reprogrammed too.

Do you have a link where on amazon u bought it?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

http://www.the370z.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1188&dateline=1232328  539
tvfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote