View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 01:41 AM   #274 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute
Default The evolution of Spooler, aka the rabbit hole claims another victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I will have to think about what I want to do to help with this issue. I know what may work, I am just not sure if I want to keep going. I'll need to think on it. The next mods are not cheap at all.
Quote:
Still not happy with it. What I am thinking right now, "Is this something I want to chase?"
Quote:
Come to think of it, why should I share any of this at all. I enjoy my car everyday as it is. I am having a blast. Al and I had one hell of a fun day. We could get out there and run the hell out of our cars without the worry of being thrown in the pokey. I was 10th fastest out of 48 cars. I wouldn't call that needing a ton more work.
Quote:
I won't be resting long. Made a couple of phone calls. Upgrade plans are in the works. I will go back out next year. This time I will be serious. This event was a run what ya brung and see where you stand event. Along with the first one ever so a learning curve was expected. As far as what am I doing. I ain't sayin nothin....
Quote:
Mike once told me a 370z is a jack of all trades but a master of none. Maybe I can be one hell of a jack of all trades with my car.
Quote:
Na, I do what I do. LOL I have always said a car that can run 9 sec in the 1/4 mile is fast. I may have to try. If I make it or not, who cares. As far as a track day rabbit hole. Na, I won't get too crazy.
Quote:
I am done. Ya'll have fun spending that money.
Quote:
I already have a list of what I need. The question is do I want to spend the money. If I had some help to ease the burden it would
make a decision easier. I don't see that happening though and don't know if I want the other things that come with it.
Quote:
I have a good bit of self control. The car is doing exactly what I wanted it to do. If I make no other changes to it today I will be totally fine with it. It brings me great joy to daily drive it as is. I am probably done. I just don't see the point. 3rd gear and up will rip my head off on the street. On the airstrip I had NO traction until 5th.
Quote:
I am posting my mod list for the 1/2 mile. Looks like folks are hard at work upgrading their cars. They are going to need to spend a ton more money. I saw that Unique motorsports run they only shifted to 5th gear to get the 170mph run. That means the have already switched out to a 3.3 rear gear.

1.) Upgrading to slicks, 15in or 17in. Leaning toward the 17in because I will not have to swap out rear brakes to the smaller base model brakes. Skinnies for the front.

2.) Raising my car up a little in the rear, changing rear springs, and setting camber to 0 deg. I need the car to be level at full tilt. It is lifting the front end to high at the moment. I will lower the front some too.

3.) I need motorsport grade traction control. I am upgrading to a Motec M150. I will also get boost by gear, true flat foot no lift shifting, and launch control.

4.) The input shaft on our transmissions is not going to take it. It is going to snap like a twig. So, I will be upgrading to a Hollinger Sequential. True flat foot shifting will work like a charm.

5.) I will have to retune due to the Motec. I will retune with Ignite Red. I will easily gain 60hp or more if I raise the Max boost level.

6.) I need an better intake. I will be upgrading to the CJ Motorsports billet intake and larger CAC.

7.) Installing a RPM rollbar, Recaro Halo seat, and 6 point harness.

8.) Aero, I will be installing Finite Element design front fender vents, Exhaust turndowns, and a real custom built diffuser. I may install a small splitter to balance out the aero.

9.) Since you can't do a burnout at some half mile events I will be getting tire warmers. Sticky Tires, Check....

10.) Almost forgot. I will be looking at upgrading to a OG 3.3 diff. I should be able to run 189mph in 5th.

“I have a good bit of self control” my a$$. I think the rabbit hole just swallowed you whole.

Here’s looking forward to seeing you come out the other side with an even faster car.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote