View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 09:23 PM   #260 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

I am posting my mod list for the 1/2 mile. Looks like folks are hard at work upgrading their cars. They are going to need to spend a ton more money. I saw that Unique motorsports run they only shifted to 5th gear to get the 170mph run. That means the have already switched out to a 3.3 rear gear.

1.) Upgrading to slicks, 15in or 17in. Leaning toward the 17in because I will not have to swap out rear brakes to the smaller base model brakes. Skinnies for the front.

2.) Raising my car up a little in the rear, changing rear springs, and setting camber to 0 deg. I need the car to be level at full tilt. It is lifting the front end to high at the moment. I will lower the front some too.

3.) I need motorsport grade traction control. I am upgrading to a Motec M150. I will also get boost by gear, true flat foot no lift shifting, and launch control.

4.) The input shaft on our transmissions is not going to take it. It is going to snap like a twig. So, I will be upgrading to a Hollinger Sequential. True flat foot shifting will work like a charm.

5.) I will have to retune due to the Motec. I will retune with Ignite Red. I will easily gain 60hp or more if I raise the Max boost level.

6.) I need an better intake. I will be upgrading to the CJ Motorsports billet intake and larger CAC.

7.) Installing a RPM rollbar, Recaro Halo seat, and 6 point harness.

8.) Aero, I will be installing Finite Element design front fender vents, Exhaust turndowns, and a real custom built diffuser. I may install a small splitter to balance out the aero.

9.) Since you can't do a burnout at some half mile events I will be getting tire warmers. Sticky Tires, Check....

10.) Almost forgot. I will be looking at upgrading to a OG 3.3 diff. I should be able to run 189mph in 5th.

Last edited by Spooler; 12-02-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote