View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute
Default ECU connect App Crashing

I've got a crashing issue regarding the ecutek app on the samsung galaxy edge S8+.

The issue is that whenever I try to start data logging, it crashes my app and doesnt log anything.

The things I've tried are:
- Redownloading the app and updating it to latest version
- Reflashing the tune on the car
- Logging less parameters
- Clearing cache on the app on the phone for ecutek
- Logging on the laptop using wire and dongle and it works fine.
- Restarting my phone
- Downloading same app on a different person's phone (Android).

All of these did not work for me.

The most I could do is view the live numbers on the app itself which is half way there, but I cant exactly data log record it since it automatically crashes every single time.

Any idea on what could be the issue? When I redownload and reinstalled the app, it erased all parameters and said I didnt have a raceROM anymore either which is what led me to want to reflash the entire latest rom file again on my car.

It was working 2 days ago on friday and even on Saturday as well. Come saturday night and the app starts crashing all the time I push start on data logging.

It also appears to be logging fine on my laptop with the wire and usb license. It's just not working on my phone.

Perhaps it's an issue with only the samsung phones? Not sure. The persons phone I tried it on was also a samsung. S8 or newer.