View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 10:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyonara91 View Post
The thing about the Z is, it is a rear wheel drive car. Since that is how the drive train is set up, it will eat those tires in the rear faster, but I know you already knew that!

The Z, with the proper alignment, won't eat through tires, it will nibble at them slowly, that is, if you drive calm and collected. If you drive hard, it will eat through the tires. For me, I don't feel like spending Michelin Super Sport/Conti DW/Bridgestone RE/S0 series type of money for my tires. Do not get me wrong those tires are THE BEST (Michellin Super Sports) You will get decent use out of them 20-30k miles at best. I drive my car for the spring and summer only, so tires last longer than usual for me.

I use Firestone Indy 500 Firehawks (Re branded Bridgestone RE-003 for N.A market). The tire meets my daily driving needs easily and when I go to back roads that have sharp turns etc the tires are more than willing to keep me on the road. I have never pushed them to the limit, however I do not track or autocross my car.

There's been a lot of discussion already here, check the wheels section if anything. Hope you find what you are looking for bud. Cheers.
I had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my '09 Z and even with spirited driving, they lasted a very long time, and beyond the 30k mark. Also, my '09 was an auto and I did have a heavy foot.

The UTQG tire rating will provide a good indication on the life of the tire, through your driving habits can impact the life of the tire.

Another thing to keep in mind is what your intentions are (i.e. daily driving vs tracking). DD tires are not good for tracking and vice versa, IMO.