View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #72 (permalink)
nextbesthing
Base Member

Drives: 2009 PW 370Z
nextbesthing will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FricFrac View Post
As I'm sure you're well aware not everyone is good at their job or should even be working in the field they work in but the majority of cops do it because they want to help. Why would you pick a job where most people dislike you (until they come save you from the bad guy of course)? That's kind of like saying that Firemen don't really care if they put out fires or Ambulance attendants don't really care about saving lives.

Would you pick a job where your life is at an elevated risk every day? Where people automatically hate you in general? Its likely one of the most thankless jobs around.

I hate getting caught for doing something I'm not suppose to be doing (eg speeding). I can think of every reason in the world why I shouldn't be getting a ticket but the fact is by signing for your licence you've agreed to obey the laws of the road or suffer the consequences.

Maybe you can explain what you mean by Police officers protecting citizens is BS....
I know a lot of guys that have become cops because they have nothing else going for them, couldn't make it through college, and it is a REALLLLYY easy job with good benefits.
nextbesthing is offline   Reply With Quote