View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 02:11 AM   #392 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Reasons why ENTHUSIASTS buy cars:

1. Performance/capabilities
2. Visceral experience
3. Feeling connected to the vehicle
4. Mod-ability/aftermarket support
5. As a track toy
6. As a collector item
7. As a sense of nostalgia.
Looks play a part but are usually secondary. We often look at body kits or body altering parts to make a decently nice car hot.

Why Consumers buy CARS!
1. Appearance/image/ Get Noticed
2. Practicality/Gas mileage
3. Insurance cost.
4. Price

Until you see one in person, opinions are seriously hindered. It's like the GTR. In a picture. It looks like the world's most expensive box.
In person... it's hot.

But then you have the case of first world envy...
The vette is a nice car... Not everyone will be able to afford one. Which usually also affects most peoples perception of a vehicle...
Good points, but I would add #8 to the enthusiast’s list: passion for a particular brand or model, after all, zdayz wouldn’t exist without that, or any car/make specific forum for that matter.

There’s a difference between fan and fanboy though, a fan can still see and accept the flaws in their preferred model/make, a fanboy is blinded by irrational emotion.

I always reserve final judgment on a cars looks until I see it in person, that’s why I like the Supra more now that I’ve seen one in the flesh vs before.

As far as looks, no real enthusiast ever said, “this car is fvckin ugly as sin, but it’s performance is so good, I’ll overlook it nd spend my money anyway, exception being a strictly track/race car, but for a road going or semi daily/track car looks always matter, not exclusively but they factor in

Now, looks for image or getting noticed, I agree with you there, that’s not an enthusiast thing.

I liked the way the gtr looked in pictures from the get go, to me it looked purposeful and aggressive in a technological way. After owning one and staring at it for a couple years, that feeling only grew, I never would have got one if it didn’t light my fire so to speak.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote