View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 07:14 AM   #390 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
The more I see vid and pics of the c8, the less I like it. Just watched motorweek and they did a review of an orange vert and I just don’t really like it, I mean, it’s not bad, but I’m not tempted. The performance is great, but at the end of the day it’s just a vette and I’ve never really cared for them.

Opposite reaction to the new Supra, I started off meh, and now the more I see it and especially after seeing it in person, I like it more now. Good to have choices.
Reasons why ENTHUSIASTS buy cars:

1. Performance/capabilities
2. Visceral experience
3. Feeling connected to the vehicle
4. Mod-ability/aftermarket support
5. As a track toy
6. As a collector item
7. As a sense of nostalgia.
Looks play a part but are usually secondary. We often look at body kits or body altering parts to make a decently nice car hot.

Why Consumers buy CARS!
1. Appearance/image/ Get Noticed
2. Practicality/Gas mileage
3. Insurance cost.
4. Price

Until you see one in person, opinions are seriously hindered. It's like the GTR. In a picture. It looks like the world's most expensive box.
In person... it's hot.

But then you have the case of first world envy...
The vette is a nice car... Not everyone will be able to afford one. Which usually also affects most peoples perception of a vehicle...

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 11-27-2019 at 07:16 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote