View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmast View Post
I strongly disagree with that. How many people have access to very cheap R35 parts..? Probably not a lot, hence why it either hasn't been documented, or hasn't been attempted. The spindles alone from the R35s are $1000 each. It very well may be easy and simple, but if its stupid expensive, that single part will deter people from attempting it as it could be money down the drain whereas BBKs like AP racing have been tested ample times on the Z platform.
You do understand there are many members here that have and will continue to drop large amounts of $$ to upgrade their Z right? Some members to which they could have completed the GTR brake conversion a few times. There are many members on here that won't even blink at a $1000+ price tag for a single part.

You claim to have access to cheap R35 parts. Congrats and good for you. With the money you are saving with access to such parts, go through with your conversion and keep us posted.