View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 01:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveZ03 View Post
Is this for purely show purposes? Or is this for performance purposes? My two cents....If this is just for a street car, it's not worth the time and effort it will take to find and install everything respectively.
If track car only, I feel there are better options that won't require as much time/$$$ investment (spit balling here on the $$$, but I'm willing to bet that anything with GTR attached to it will be elevated in cost), that will perform on par or better.
If it's a mix of street/track driving, not worth it.

Finally if this is being done purely for car resume purposes and for show conversation pieces, I feel the desired effect may be achieved, but the return on investment wouldn't be worth it to me. Good luck and if you are stuck on doing this, make sure to do it right the first time and don't try cutting corners.
/\. This. The only good reason to do this is for the “cool, unique” factor. If this for a performance upgrade, it makes no sense. The r35 brownbos aren’t the best calipers for hpde or road course racing anyway, caliper flex and melting seal issues and non castellated pistons etc, most gtr guys upgrade them to pro 5000r ap competition radical caliper bbk or something else equivalently better. The gtr calipers are still street brakes at the end of the day. For the z34, imo, the best track bbk out there is the stoptech trophy race bbk.

As for z1 apparently doing it, they’re doing it for the cool unique factor guaranteed since it’ll bring their shop attention and then hopefully $$$. Also, if it’s a shop car, they can expense the “investment”.

Last edited by FL 4Motion; 11-26-2019 at 01:19 AM.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote