View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
DaveZ03
Base Member

Drives: '11 FairladyZ
DaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmast View Post
Looking for some input from you guys. I've been toying with the idea of swapping my brakes on my Z for some other ones. I've looked into an OEM+ upgrade being the R35 GTR. I know they have a completely different mounting design (top mounted 2+1 bolts) vs. the stock Z brakes (rear mounted 2 bolts). Instead of just doing that as a swap since I know that won't work, it got me thinking what about the spindle? Can the spindle, wheel bearing & brake assembly be swapped from the R35 to the Z34? Any input would be appreciated!
Is this for purely show purposes? Or is this for performance purposes? My two cents....If this is just for a street car, it's not worth the time and effort it will take to find and install everything respectively.
If track car only, I feel there are better options that won't require as much time/$$$ investment (spit balling here on the $$$, but I'm willing to bet that anything with GTR attached to it will be elevated in cost), that will perform on par or better.
If it's a mix of street/track driving, not worth it.

Finally if this is being done purely for car resume purposes and for show conversation pieces, I feel the desired effect may be achieved, but the return on investment wouldn't be worth it to me. Good luck and if you are stuck on doing this, make sure to do it right the first time and don't try cutting corners.
DaveZ03 is offline   Reply With Quote