View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #379 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-c...8-with-900-hp/

The Z06 will almost be double the hp of the base corvette. This just sounds crazy. Its reminiscent of the porsche 918. I wonder how much of a jump this will be in price? My guess would be double. But if GM can do this for less than 140k? They're animals!!
One thing that wears out on me — and this goes for many consumer products — there's so much foresight on better and better coming out.

In the context of a Corvette, the depreciation kinda screws with me. I mean we're seeing insanely cool s*** but it may just last 5 minutes.

C7 bases going cheap
But unless it's absolutely dirt cheap now, maybe look for a GS because there's a lot of kit (although lmao replacing those fat tires).
But then a C7 Z06 isn't too far now. They're dipping into the mid/low 50's, albeit 2015 models without the cooling revisions.

And then it's like why waste your time on that when the C8 is probably outclassing a GS with ease, has a major jump in supercar elements.
And then the convertible hardtop is like "why the hell not?" because let's be real, how often is this being used at the track?
And then the Z06 is literally sounding like a f***ing hypercar. Barring potential glitches coming with a lot of firsts for GM, but imagine how bland a regular C8 looks right next to that.

And then the ZR1 is going to have jet turbines and laser guns. Yes there may be a near six-digit jump at this point from a base C8, but in a broader spectrum, good luck getting something like that for the money.

Only saving grace for the C7 for me is manual and the "last of it's kind" narrative.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote