View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
STP370z
Base Member

Drives: '14 370z Touring
STP370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Z"en View Post
Which one/part has exactly gone out?
Had done this recently. The most reliable way is to ask a dealer to take care of all the things (you should get warranty), but the cost is relatively higher.
The cheapest way is to find preused parts and install them.
Your tcm should be #M3B 94 110N of part number.
I'd suggest asking your dealer to read the software code of your tcm first so that you could find an interchangeable one. Although I haven't seen any incompatible one so far due to the tcm code mismatch but better using a tcm from a 370Z between 2014-2015 in model years.
Make sure that the tcm has no oil pressure sensor on it (there should be no oil pressure sensor on the tcms from 2014- 370Zs). Should be plug n play. Don't use a tcm/valve body from G37 or so... There is S mode of them and the torque maps are different from our Z. This will cause additional drivechain loss while your car is performing shifting, even if you find a ECU tuner to tune the line pressure for you.
Last but not least, please add a trans cooler if your not using it.

**Don't go/trust performance rebuilds anyway. You can go find the tread I posted recently about my user/customer experiences with IPT.
I appreciate the help, the original issue was a code for the output shaft speed sensor. I am currently deployed so my brother is looking after it for me and he used his snap on scanner tool to diagnose the issue and using the nissan service manuals and what not he got from his work he determined the TCM and valve body had to be replaced to resolve the issue, this is the same answer I got from a close friend that is also a nissan mechanic. The 1k price to fix is just for the part alone, me and my brother are more than capable of dropping and replacing the trans and have all the neccessary tools at our disposal. The hig issue is the TCM needing a reflash because if we get the part from nissan they will reflash once it's in the vehicle at probably a high cost, if I can do a plug and play then that would be easier and I have found some 7AT trans online with less miles for cheaper than the part cost. I will getting home in a month or so and will talk to the Nissan dealer about the reflash and getting the current TCM firmware for my vehicle to try to match it up as good as possible. Sorta off topic too but do you know of any sellers of sequential trans for our cars? I know quaife had one but it's not on their site anymore, or do you have any links to a thread about them/a build that uses one? End goal is a track orientated build so any insight in that would be great too. Thanks again
STP370z is offline   Reply With Quote