View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
"Z"en
Base Member

Drives: 15 Z, 13 R58, 09 GTR
"Z"en has a spectacular aura about"Z"en has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP370z View Post
The valve body and TCM module on my 2014 7AT has gone out, I was quoted around $1000 to fix the issue from the local dealer however I am looking at transmissions I can pull from another 7AT to drop in. Has anyone had experience with this and will the TCM module need to be reflashed since it is working with a new ECU? Or will it be a plug and play deal since it's a been pulled from a running car. If needed I could get a flash done by my tuner for cheap but if I can avoid it then I will. Looking for the cheapest option since the Z is gonna be sold and I will be upgrading to a 6MT and boosting that. Thanks for any help!
Which one/part has exactly gone out?
Had done this recently. The most reliable way is to ask a dealer to take care of all the things (you should get warranty), but the cost is relatively higher.
The cheapest way is to find preused parts and install them.
Your tcm should be #M3B 94 110N of part number.
I'd suggest asking your dealer to read the software code of your tcm first so that you could find an interchangeable one. Although I haven't seen any incompatible one so far due to the tcm code mismatch but better using a tcm from a 370Z between 2014-2015 in model years.
Make sure that the tcm has no oil pressure sensor on it (there should be no oil pressure sensor on the tcms from 2014- 370Zs). Should be plug n play. Don't use a tcm/valve body from G37 or so... There is S mode of them and the torque maps are different from our Z. This will cause additional drivechain loss while your car is performing shifting, even if you find a ECU tuner to tune the line pressure for you.
Last but not least, please add a trans cooler if your not using it.

**Don't go/trust performance rebuilds anyway. You can go find the tread I posted recently about my user/customer experiences with IPT.

Last edited by "Z"en; 11-24-2019 at 03:00 AM.
"Z"en is offline   Reply With Quote