View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP370z View Post
The valve body and TCM module on my 2014 7AT has gone out, I was quoted around $1000 to fix the issue from the local dealer however I am looking at transmissions I can pull from another 7AT to drop in. Has anyone had experience with this and will the TCM module need to be reflashed since it is working with a new ECU? Or will it be a plug and play deal since it's a been pulled from a running car. If needed I could get a flash done by my tuner for cheap but if I can avoid it then I will. Looking for the cheapest option since the Z is gonna be sold and I will be upgrading to a 6MT and boosting that. Thanks for any help!
The TCM Module and valve body failure is not very common on our cars fortunately and yes your TCM module will need to be reprogrammed by your local Nissan dealership service department or shop if they have the equipment.