View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #33 (permalink)
MoulaZ
Base Member

Drives: '09 Z34 BP Turbo V2
MoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
If it wasn't the manufacturer that said that, then it seems like you might have been a little light on previous grease applications. Like Spooler said, keep it greased

If you're really concerned, you can follow someone else's suggestion and send it back to the manufacturer for analysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
5 to 6 shots of grease every 3,000 miles, assuming you are not tracking the setup. This can also be found on the COMP website.
https://www.carid.com/images/comp-tu...tion-guide.pdf

"6.The Turbocharger is Pre Greased and ready for install.
• Apply 2 to 3 pumps of Comp Turbo Grease (Part # 950000) every 3000 miles for a rearmount setup.
In the engine mount 6 pumps every 3000 miles."

https://www.compturbotechnology.com/...ease-cartridge

"It's a 3 Oz Oil-less Grease Cartridge for routine maintenance with every 3000 miles for reliable and long lasting service."

Manufacturer said even less. Started with "We will need the turbo for inspect for the issue and repair the problem. Can you send it?" and ends with "Do 8 pumps of grease". Those are direct quotes.

Now fair enough, I gave it 5 instead of 6 as stated above. But that's all I'm going to concede... and you're now telling me that somehow means that I went light on the greasing and 1/3 of the way through to the next service that 1 extra missing shot of grease causes the noise to exponentially become louder? I'm not even remotely close to buying that.

Far as I'm concerned, I already did what I was told. I really do hope it was just a mild anomaly and nothing more happens. That last thing I'd want to do is be back here with a 'I told you so' because I'm still the one who gets f*cked... though thanks to Sasha's impeccable customer service that has been significantly mitigated.
MoulaZ is offline   Reply With Quote