View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
MoulaZ
Base Member

Drives: '09 Z34 BP Turbo V2
MoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Went under it today and zerk fitting still there so I just gave it 8 shots of grease as directed by COMP. It was still fairly cold after the short half a mile down the road to my Dad's place where all my stuff for the car is. Noise was quite audible as usual. After the extra grease now I could barely hear the noise when I fired it up, even when sound is bouncing off a nearby wall. Took it for a short drive to warm it up and noise is completely gone. Shutting the car off now and the turbo takes at least another 15 seconds to finish spinning down more than it has in a long time. Raises so many questions.

I gave it the normal 5 shots at 3100 miles (5000Km). But now it's had 8 shots like 1100 or so miles later. Does that mean the original direction wasn't enough? Is there some other reason why mine is consuming grease faster? Does this mean I need to give it another 8 shots in 1000 miles? Does this mean I give it 5 or 8 shots in another 2100 miles at the next scheduled service? If 5 to 6 shots is normal, why did COMP themselves just recommend I give it 8 shots 1000 miles from the last service???

I mean it's ultimately good news but worried now how long this is going to last and implications on how to RELIABLY service this thing in the future.

I don't track it, and it's seen maybe half a dozen club meet days since install and only two of those days did I beat hard on it.

Last edited by MoulaZ; 11-22-2019 at 09:30 PM.
MoulaZ is offline   Reply With Quote