View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
gshort24
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
gshort24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Jack the rear of the car up. Use jack stands to hold it up. Then put your floor jack under the diff. Then knock your socks off.
I don't have any room to put the jack stands under the subframe itself because the piece I need to take out also needs to slide forward 3-4 inches so it can clear the area where the long curved and skinny bars connect to it in the center (think its called the K frame brace), so i would have to slide the piece I want to remove into the only area that I can see to put the jack stands under.

If I just support the diff and remove the 2 rear subframe bolts which hopefully the sub frame wont drop and come off the 2 rear bolts because I don't think I'd have a way to raise it back up, but if that all works out is there any way that removing the 2 rear subframe bolts causing it to drop an inch or 2 would stress the front 2 subframe bolts or bushings? If I loosen the bolts the subframe drops, I may end up having to remove the k frame brace as well etc, but is it possible or any risk that after I remove loosen the rear bolts and remove and replace some supports, that after I bolt everything back in place that the subframe can be misaligned or will throw off my rear alignment etc. I'm not touching any suspension arms or components etc, but can the whole rear subframe shift?

I'm not a very experienced mechanic, and trying to save a few bucks, so just trying to look at potential problems before I mess anything up. Thanks for the help.
gshort24 is offline   Reply With Quote