View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
gshort24
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
gshort24 is on a distinguished road
Default How to remove subframe cross brace?

Any ideas on how I can remove this cross brace on the rear subframe? I'm trying to remove it so I can weld some brackets onto the ends to then be able to mount a Nismo performance damper. I just want to pull the brace out without dropping the whole subframe. Is there a way to unbolt the 2 rear subframe bolts to remove this support bar or a way to support the subframe and hold it in place so it wont drop out while I remove this bar? I tried removing the subframe bolts while the car was sitting on the ground and the subframe started to drop and slide down the long bolts so I just ended up tightening the bolts again. I can find access to a lift, but was just hoping I could remove this piece in my garage. Would it help to jack up the rear by the diff to put upward pressure on the subrame while I loosen the 2 rear subframe bolts? Guessing my mechanic will probably charge me a couple hours of work to remove this which would be $300 so trying to avoid that if I can. I would still need to remove the piece, take it to a welder to weld on the brackets before re-installing while I'm sure my mechanic will also charge me for the time the car is sitting on the lift etc, so didn't want to turn this into a $500 labor fee etc. just to be able to weld some brackets on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture23.JPG (60.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg capture 24.jpg (47.2 KB, 25 views)
gshort24 is offline   Reply With Quote