Thread: Porsche Cayman
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 07:09 AM   #111 (permalink)
/Angelo350Z/
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34 | MK7 | F82
/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute/Angelo350Z/ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.alexander View Post

You’re right in the money Sir! And yeah I’m slowly taking myself into it. Just don’t know what to do as an alternative if I don’t. Hey 14 more years and my Z is officially a classic

M4–has been my dream car for over 20 years (back when they used to call it M3 . But I dunno, it’s just not calling my name anymore, or at least right now. I haven’t looked up the numbers on an M4 recently, and I’m sure they’re crazy off-the-charts, but as I said I’m just not being drawn to it anymore. I can totally see owning something like this in the future (it will probably be EV by then); feel like this is my last chance for “are you f’in crazy for buying this?” [which btw is exactly what my ex-gf told me 11 yrs ago] hoorah. More seriously though, I’ve always valued good handling way higher than more power; and with even just Toyota Camry sedans making like 300ish HP nowadays, it’s just gotten silly. At the end of the day, unless you’re on the track, how much is too much?

As I said, I’m slowly talking myself into the Cayman. But as I am not in a rush, you guys are reminding me that I shouldn’t have so much tunnel-vision and should at least go and check out some of these other options. Man...the next few weeks/months may actually be fun!
The M4 will not disappoint. Ever since I bought the BMW, the Z has been sitting in the garage and collecting dust. As one should expect, given the disparity in price, the F82 is a far superior car in every aspect. The S55 does not sound as good as the VQ, but it pulls considerably harder. The interior is probably what makes the car feel somewhat dated. I ordered mine with extended Merino leather which makes the cabin feel a little more plush; but to be honest, aside from the HUD and a few negligible M4 competition details, everything else is identical to my wife's F30 which costs a third of the price. Let me know if you need more insight on the M4. Anyway, congrats on the Porsche!

2013 MB NISSAN 370Z SPORT

Last edited by /Angelo350Z/; 11-20-2019 at 07:16 AM.
/Angelo350Z/ is offline   Reply With Quote