View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #3986 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute
Default The New “What did you do with your Z today” (with off topic replies) XXXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Was thinking of a footer with one row of block, 12 thick gravel bed inside, then capped with 8" 5000 psi concrete with rebar.

My parking area around the front of the house is 6" thick, 5000 psi concrete with rebar, sitting on 12" thick gravel bed. And that's 50 yards of concrete.

There’s no impact if your driveway heaves other than cosmetic. If your garage heaves if could have some major issues. Especially if it doesn’t displace evenly throughout.

On the design. I assume you are referring to footer interchangeably with what I’m calling chain wall. You are probably on the right path. Just remember there is such a thing as too much rebar. The concrete code has both a Amin and Amax for steel area in a slab.