View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #124 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
The SRM does nothing at all while you are waiting at a light. The SRM can only set the engine speed based on gear ratio, if vehicle speed or transmission speed is too low then SRM is disabled. e.g. If you are crawling along in 1st at 5 mph and then try to stick it in 6th SRM isn't going to try and match RPM's to 200 rpm and stall your car.
Okay, so I was right about automotive journalists being morons. Go figure, right? On a more serious note though, I'm slightly confused about your last sentence about going from 1st to 6th. You say that SRM isn't going to try to match the RPMs to 200 rpm and stall your car. Well, doesn't that go without saying? SRM only blips on downshifts, not upshifts. Right? Or have we just uncovered yet another behavior of SRM that applies to some Zs and not others???
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote