View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
My SRM works just like Modshack's. It doesn't blip until I push it into a lower gear. And that is exactly how I want it. But you know, this does explain something to me. Sometimes I read car mag writeups and they talk about how cool it is to make the throttle blip while they're waiting at a light by moving the shifter around in neutral. I always wondered what they were smoking and just chalked it up to ignorant journalists talking out of their proverbial a$$e$. Well now I know differently. So here's what I don't get. Say you're in 4th gear, you move the shifter into neutral and it immediately blips. Well, how does it know your intent is to downshift to 3rd rather than upshift to 5th? This is why I say my SRM is working exactly the way I want it. I don't want it blipping until I've moved into the gate for a lower gear.
I wonder how many of the issues in the thread are caused by simple mis-shifts, I'll confess to having an unintended rev or three since I bought it. My learning curve on this car has been focused completely on dropping the urge to blip the throttle when downshifting and just shifting into a lower gear with the same motion as an upshift. My SRM works exactly the way I want it to, and it let's me know in no uncertain terms when I screw up.