View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangity View Post
Regarding amp's location, I sanded down the bolt and the seat metal. I will try grounding it behind the kick plate today.

I don't have RCA yet but when I removed the high level input, there is no sound and the buzz disappears.

As for the HU, there is no specific ground cable. I used the harness. I also tried connecting the GND cable from the harness to the HU chassis but this has no effect. This is all using high level input.

I am aware of the need of grounding the HU if case using the RCA's. Yes, the amp is quite cheap. it was only $60.
That black cable in the head units harness should ONLY be going to a metal chassis somewhere behind the head unit not to the rca's.

Swap to RCA's
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/

Last edited by bigaudiofanat; 11-15-2019 at 12:14 PM.
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote