View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

First off you're using too small of a power wire (10 gauge) to power your sub amp needs to be at least 8 gauge.

Second, your grounding location did you grind off the paint and expose bare metal? Have you tried a different grounding location?

The sound you're hearing is alternator wine. With those brand of amps their noise floor is very high so they re much more sensitive to dirty power. Yes I'm calling them cheap.

Where did you ground your head unit at? Any bare metal behind the head unit is okay just do not use the black wire in the factory adapter harness it doesn't go anywhere. This can cause noise.

Does the noise disappear when you unplug the RCA's from the head unit? If this is the case the noise is coming from the head unit and you need to work on it's ground. If it doesn't go away try unplugging the rca's from the amps. If the noise goes away move the rca's to the other side of the car. If you're using high input go to rca's

The difference between high level input and rca's you're letting the amp do the amplification where as high level the signal is already amped from the head unit and the amp has to filter it down to low level in order to use it.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote