Thread: Porsche Cayman
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 09:16 PM   #100 (permalink)
USMCram
Track Member

Drives: 2019 718 Cayman
USMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.alexander View Post
First, with Veteran’s Day yesterday, allow me to thank you for your service! Genuinely, Thank You!
Thanks, dude. I really appreciate that.

Going for the PDK was a tough choice, but it's amazing how that thing shifts.
I almost went for a used S, but I got better financing with a new model and my trade in.

Now that I've had a chance to drive it around a bit more, I'm really happy with my choice, and I'll agree with your earlier statement. This thing actually sounds a lot better than the Z.

So far, I like it. Gets the same amount of attention (good and bad) as the Z, but that's to be expected.

The drop in power bothered me too, but honestly, you can't tell. It actually puts out more power to the wheels than the NISMO. It's the main reason I considered getting a used S. Not only that but I did a little research and found out you can do a basic Cobb tune on it and get about 345 HP out of it, no mods. So, there is that. I think the fact that it's already boosted it will make it easier, and cheaper to mod later on. I wanted to TT my Z but I couldn't justify the 20+ K it would have cost to do it.

I kept the options pretty basic. 20" Carrera wheels, apple carplay ( 2k less than PCM w/ Nav ). Got my wife's old 6s, but in a google fi data only sim and it's my new NAV. lol. Porsche Nav is ok, but not as good as Waze. My wifes Macan has it and it's hit or miss, so it wasn't too big of a deal not having it.
Got sports exhaust, no sport chrono package.
Only thing I will change on it is replacing the steering with the multifunction controls, as mine didn't come with it. I thought I would be ok without it, but now I think I need it.

I really wanted to wait for the T. The way it's setup and being sold, is exactly why I bought the NISMO initially, but with the issues I was having, I didn't want to wait.

Like I told my wife, and the salesman, I'll just use this, and when I'm in a better position, I'll get the GT4 RS that's coming out this summer. (obviously not going to be this summer that I get it. lol)

But yea, shoot me a message.
USMCram is offline   Reply With Quote