Thread: Porsche Cayman
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:37 PM   #97 (permalink)
k.alexander
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PG M6
k.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond repute

First, with Veteran’s Day yesterday, allow me to thank you for your service! Genuinely, Thank You!

Second, Good for you! I’ve been agonizing over the decision. I over over over analyze everything. Happy you were able to make the decision quicker and hopefully easier.

If you read my posts on here, I’m completely with you, the Audis, the M3/4, and whatever the hell Merc makes nowadays (just the fact that I can’t think of what it is, is telling) just don’t do it for me anymore. The RC350–eh, just like the new Supra, which I just realized today doesn’t come in a stick...”I may as well just keep driving the Z”.

”I may as well just keep driving the Z” — should be my catchphrase. :-)

I’ve basically narrowed down the cars I’m interested in to the Cayman. The other stuff in roughly the same price range is just boring, and cars one level up: the GTRs, the 911s, are both out of my comfort zone price range and are also overkill for what I’m looking to use the car for.

So it’s do I spend money and get the Cayman or do I keep driving the Z (see what I did there? :-) ) and see if something pops up over the next few years.

Anyways enough about me. So you got a base PDK? Curious on your thoughts about the car; I mean I’m sure they’re all super-positive right now, but still curious. PDK is amazing from having just spent the weekend with it, it’s just brilliant, really! But I figure I’ve got one more old-school manual car in me. I was between the base and the S, and figured for how long I plan on keeping this car, I can’t go down from the 332hp Z to a 300hp CB, even though with the weight difference (to say nothing of the mid-engine layout) the performance of the base is about on par with the Z.

What other options did you end up with?
Mind PM’ing me, would love to know what kind of car you got, new, used, CPO; and at what discount.

Last edited by k.alexander; 11-13-2019 at 09:24 AM.
k.alexander is offline   Reply With Quote