Thread: Porsche Cayman
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 07:31 PM   #96 (permalink)
USMCram
Track Member

Drives: 2019 718 Cayman
USMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.alexander View Post

So now a few days later, I am still banging my head against the wall deciding what to do. Sooner or later the writing is on the wall, the Z is almost 11 years old and although it is a reliable bulletproof beast, eventually I am going to have to get something new. Maybe I should look at it as a reward for working hard, or whatever.......not sure.

I'll post updates.
Dude, yes.
I've been beating myself up over the decision, and I've looked at everything else and nothing really strikes me like the Cayman. I looked at the Lexus RC 350, I've looked at a few Audis, and they just aren't my thing. The Cayman feels like a natural progression since GTR prices have gone up so high.

I did pull the trigger today though. It took me a bit to say goodbye to the Z, and I feel sad about it, but driving home in the Cayman, and hearing that engine and the sports exhaust, and just feeling how refined it felt taking turns and accelerating, I gotta say, it's not going to take me long to get over it. Plus, my synchros were crapping out, and I didn't feel like swapping the transmission. Lol

I opted for the PDK base model. Wife wants to learn to drive it, and I'm a bit of a tech geek, and I absolutely love the actual PDK and how it works. It's a genius piece of technology.

I dunno. I'm interested to see what you do too.
USMCram is offline   Reply With Quote