Thread: Porsche Cayman
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #94 (permalink)
USMCram
Track Member

Drives: 2019 718 Cayman
USMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.alexander View Post
How did it go with with the wife? :-)

More seriously, what’s your take on the Cayman vs your Nismo? Curious to hear other people’s thoughts.
She was surprisingly on board, but we also traded in her old 2 series for a Macan a while back.

Cayman vs Nismo..

Oh man.

It was weird driving something other than the Nismo, as it's been my daily for the last 9 years.

Just going to get it out of the way, but the sound of the engine is really different from what I'm used to. I've always really liked the sound of the VQ. It's got this great mechanical sound to it and the exhaust (Nismo stock) was quiet.

Cayman - Mechanical sounding, but more so than the VQ. It doesn't make me cringe, but there is a part of me that is like "aww". I like that sports exhaust makes it louder, but still.
I probably won't get over that, even if it faster.

Drive -
Nismo is fun. God it's fun to drive. It's raw, it's aggressive, and handles well.

Cayman, from the little test driving I got to do, was fun too. Handling is a lot better and it feels fast especially once boost kicks in. Its really comfortable too and I feel like I can see more of the world in front of me. Where the Nismo is raw, the Cayman is very very refined. I can't explain that too well, it just needs to be experienced.

The Nismo is like that hot girl/guy you dated back in the early years of college. Fun, smart, fast but a little..immature?

Where the Cayman is more like the hot girl/guy you dated after grad school that's like smart, fun, but way more mature and not as crazy...?

I still love that I can feel the road in both cars. Which was a big deal for me.

I love my Nismo. I really do. It was a car that I grew a deep sentimental attachment to, because I bought it as a reward to myself for living through my time in the 'stan. Not to mention the Z was my dream car all through HS and college.

That being said, I feel the same way you did. I've grown a lot. I'm different. I feel like I've sort of outgrown the car too, despite how much I still love it.

I'm still on the fence, because I know this Cayman wouldn't be my next sentimental car. I think it's going to be my rebound until I'm in a place to get the new GT4 RS that comes out this summer...rofl.
USMCram is offline   Reply With Quote