View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 05:48 AM   #5363 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I keep all my guns in a gun safe with a Golden Rod turned on all the time. This keep moisture away. Before I put a gun away in the safe. I make sure it's oiled up. If you don't have a safe. Oil up every part of the gun and use the silicone socks to completely cover them. If you have gun cases. Put them in there after putting socks on them. About every 6 months. I will check and reoil them. I do it with the changing of the clocks.
I have been using Evadry dehumidifiers.
https://www.amazon.com/Eva-Dry-Edv-2...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

2 of those keep my storage area at 25-40% humidity. This is a bit too low for wood stocked weapons, but even chemically stripped, naked steel does not corrode/rust.

On another note, I've been a long-time Surefire fanatic, and just purchased a KAC QDC suppressor. It's my first non-SF centerfire suppressor, and I am anxious to get it!

My Nightforce NX8 and t he Badger C1 1.70" mount are money, as well. If you're looking for a LPVO solution, I can't recommend this combo enough!

It's going to be going on the 12.5" 5.56 SBR that the KAC QDC is slated for. Will be running a MAMS, of course.

*Excuse the stain, that is a coffee table I picked up for like $20 at a thrift store. 100% solid oak. maybe one day I'll re-finish it.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote